Junior League of Berkshire County
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Junior League of Berkshire County?
JLBC is an organization of women committed to volunteerism in Berkshire County. We currently have approximately 16 Active members and 48 Sustaining members supporting us.
What does the organization do?
- Promote volunteerism through internal programs and community projects
- Develop the potential of its members through leadership development and training
- Improve the community through our efforts and action
Is Junior League of Berkshire County a business?
We are exclusively charitable and educational, functioning as a 501(c) 3 Non-Profit.
Is the Junior League just a local organization?
We are a part of the Association of Junior Leagues International (AJLI) which is comprised of 293 Leagues throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Great Britain. The collective membership exceeds 190,000 women.
Can anyone join?
Any woman who is at least 21 may join. There is no maximum age.
What is the Provisional (New Member) Program?
It is a 3 month-long introduction to the Junior League of Berkshire County and has four purposes:
- To educate about our community, its needs and how the League can make a difference
- To provide an overview of our history, projects and impact
- To develop your skills as a volunteer and future leader
- To build interpersonal relationships through volunteer service
When are the meetings and what time do they usually begin and end?
General Membership Meetings are the second Tuesday of every month. The league Year runs from September through June. Some meetings/volunteering may occur on days other than Tuesday and will vary in time. General Membership Meetings tentatively begin at 6:15 p.m. and usually end by 8:00 p.m.
Can a New Member serve on a committee?
YES! You are welcome and encouraged (not required) to serve on a committee of your choice.
How can I learn more about the Junior League of Berkshire County and AJLI?
By browsing the rest of our site, emailing us, and visiting www.ajli.org